This Cranberry Jalapeno Dip is an addictive party appetizer made with only 8 ingredients! It’s creamy, sweet, and just the right amount of spicy, making it a perfect snack for holiday parties.
If you need a festive party dip for the holidays, make this vegan Cranberry Jalapeno Dip. It has a unique, yet exciting blend of sweet and savory flavors thanks to a mix of cranberries, jalapeno peppers, green onions, and plenty of vegan cream cheese. Pair this easy dip recipe with chips, crackers, bread, and veggies, then watch as your guests indulge!
Why I love this creamy cranberry and jalapeno dip
- A festive gourmet dip recipe – Cranberries are a must throughout the Thanksgiving and Christmas season, and there’s no shortage of them in this creamy cranberry jalapeno dip. Plus it makes the dip pink and so pretty!
- You can make it ahead of time – This dip can be prepared about 1 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to pull it out and serve.
- Only 8 ingredients – It’s an effortless party snack that’s a breeze to make with a handful of easy-to-find ingredients.
How to make cranberry jalapeno dip
Add the fresh and dried cranberries, green onions, and jalapenos to a food processor and pulse several times until everything is finely chopped.
Next, add the vegan cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Beat it with a hand mixer until it’s soft and creamy, then mix in the sugar, salt, and yogurt.
Dump the cranberry mixture into the bowl with the cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
Serve the dip immediately with crackers, crudites, and bread, then enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
You can make this creamy vegan dip with almost any cream cheese you like. I used Philadelphia vegan cream cheese, but have also tested it with Violife, Miyoko’s, and Tofutti vegan cream cheese. Every brand I tried worked well!
You can even use homemade vegan cream cheese, like my Vegan Cream Cheese or Tofu Cream Cheese.
The dip is made with a whole jalapeno pepper (seeds removed), which gives it a mild to medium amount of heat. The cream cheese and vegan yogurt do a great job of toning down any trace of overwhelming spice, making this a friendly snack even for spicy food skeptics.
Hunks of crusty bread and hearty crackers are my favorites! You can also serve it with crudites, crostini, potato chips, and tortilla chips.
You can store the leftovers for 1 to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and sliced
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream
- In a food processor, add the fresh and dried cranberries, green onions and jalapenos. Pulse several times until everything is very finely chopped.
- Add the vegan cream cheese to a medium sized bowl. Use a hand mixer (or use a spoon by hand, it will take a lot of arm work!) to mix the cream cheese until it's a bit softened and creamy, then add the sugar, salt and yogurt and beat to combine.
- Add the cranberry mixture to the bowl with the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately with crackers or bread for dipping. Leftovers will keep for a day or two in a covered container in the refrigerator. Stir before serving.
I used Philadelphia vegan cream cheese, but I’ve also used Violife, Miyoko’s and Tofutti brands. They all work well. Make sure your yogurt is not sweetened or flavored vanilla! Or use vegan sour cream.
Omit sugar for less sweet, and you can also omit the dried cranberries if you don’t want it as sweet.