This quick and easy Instant Pot Spanish Rice is the perfect complement to any Mexican meal. 5 ingredients (+ salt/water), 30 minutes. You can also make this without an Instant Pot if you don’t have one.
Do you have an Instant Pot yet? I got one for Christmas last year and I love it. I was intimidated at first because of the whole “pressure cooker” thing, but it’s actually super simple to use and the all the safety features are great. You can’t take off the lid until the pressure releases.
I’m sure there are several ways I could be using my Instant Pot that I haven’t figured out yet (like making non-dairy yogurt!). I have been using it regularly to make rice, dry beans from scratch, and various soups. It makes the absolute PERFECT brown rice in just 24 minutes. No more soggy rice, or rice that’s overcooked and too dry. Seriously, it’s perfect every time!
This Instant Pot Spanish Rice is:
Full of flavor
Quick and Easy
Check out some of my other vegan Mexican recipes to compliment this Instant Pot Spanish Rice:
- Ultimate Fully Loaded Vegan Nachos
- Cauliflower Walnut Mushroom Taco Meat
- Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas
- Vegan Queso Dip with Cashews
- Roasted Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups uncooked brown rice
- 28 ounces canned Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 4 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
- Using the Saute function on Instant Pot, saute onion, garlic, and rice in the olive oil for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the Rotel, salt and water (or vegetable broth). Stir together. Now, seal Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 24 minutes. Once complete, allow the pressure to come down naturally.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- *If you don't have an Instant Pot, simply saute the onion, garlic, rice in a large regular pot for 3-4 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes.