This 3-ingredient easy Mango Smoothie is blended with frozen mango, coconut yogurt (or coconut milk), and orange juice to create a refreshing treat you can sip on all summer long.
Each sip of this Mango Smoothie has bursts of refreshing tropical flavors. It’s a smooth and delicious treat to sip on while you sit poolside or when you need to cool down on hot summer days.
All you need are 3 simple ingredients:
- Frozen mango chunks
- Orange juice
- Your choice of coconut yogurt or coconut milk
This frozen mango smoothie recipe is an easy and healthy go-to when you’re craving something sweet. The fruit and juice offer a subtle sweetness while the coconut infuses a little tang and creamy goodness. A summertime staple, you’ll find fresh mangos in season from May to September but can enjoy frozen mango year round.
This recipe makes 2 servings or 4 small servings. Serve some to the kids with Tofu Scramble and Grain Free Granola for a nutritious breakfast or top each cup with some Coconut Whipped Cream for an extra special treat!
Fresh vs. frozen mango
For the fastest mango coconut smoothie, use frozen mango chunks. These can usually be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Just pop them in the blender and enjoy!
You can make this smoothie using fresh mango when it’s in season, however, I recommend freezing the chunks before using them in smoothies. To freeze fresh mango, cube the mango and place the chunks on a baking sheet or in a dish before freezing. Transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container when they’re frozen solid.
How to make a mango smoothie
It’s so easy! Add the frozen mango, orange juice, and coconut yogurt or milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, then enjoy.
Is it too thick? Feel free to add more liquid until you reach the desired texture.
Mango smoothie variations
- Instead of orange juice – Use apple juice, pineapple juice, or mango nectar instead.
- Not a coconut fan? Use soy/cashew/almond yogurt instead or even another non-dairy milk like oat milk!
- Add greens – Add a cup or two of baby spinach for a mango spinach smoothie.
- For added nutrition – Add in a few tablespoons of hemp, chia, or flax seeds.
- Add more fruit – Like frozen bananas, pineapple, peaches, and berries.
- To make it sweeter – Add 1-2 tablespoons of agave syrup.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can’t beat the texture and taste of a freshly blended smoothie. But, if you’re looking to save a little time, you can blend it all up and store the smoothie in an airtight container in the freezer overnight. Stir it well the next morning and enjoy!
Want more refreshing smoothie recipes?
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt OR canned coconut milk
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons agave
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Add more liquid as needed, either additional orange juice or yogurt/coconut milk. If it's too runny, add a few ice cubes or a few more mango chunks.
- Add agave, to taste for additional sweetness.
- May substitute apple juice or pineapple juice for orange juice, if desired.
- Add a cup or two of baby spinach for a mango spinach smoothie.
- May add a few tablespoons of hemp or flax seeds for added nutrition.