Learn how to make coconut milk at home! You only need a few simple ingredients to make this luscious, creamy and thick plant milk.
How to make homemade coconut milk
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
To a high powered blender, add the unsweetened shredded coconut, along with water and optional sweetener + vanilla.
Blend on high until creamy and white, about 1-2 minutes.
Strain through a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or clean thin tea towel.
Pour into container of choice (I like these larger glass containers) and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, shaking each time before using. Enjoy!
More homemade plant milks
How to Make Coconut Milk
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 4 cups room temperature water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To a high powered blender, add the shredded coconut flakes, room temperature water and optional maple syrup and vanilla. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until creamy and white.
- Strain the coconut milk through a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or thin tea towel over a large bowl.
- Pour into containers and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Separation is natural, so shake before using. It can also be frozen, if needed.