These Vegan Jalapeno Poppers are creamy, spicy, easy to make and totally dairy free! Easy raspberry dipping sauce recipe included. Perfect Game Day food!
I LOVE Jalapeno Poppers! They are one food I miss so much since going vegan. These baked poppers aren’t quite the same as the breadcrumb coated, deep fried version I remember, but they definitely satisfy my craving!
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers are baked instead of fried, plus they are quite easy to make with few ingredients. They make the BEST appetizer for Game Day!
How to prepare jalapenos
First, put on gloves unless you really trust yourself around peppers! I am a contact wearer, and if I’m not careful I will burn my eye. The oils are really hard to get off by just washing your hands afterwards.
Cut them in half, lengthwise but leave the stem intact if you can. You won’t eat that part, but it’s kinda fun to keep it for appearances, plus it gives you something to hang onto while you eat them.
The membranes and seeds are where most of the spiciness is, so use a small spoon and scoop them out.
How to make Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
Now that your peppers are prepped, mix 8 ounces of vegan cream cheese (1 container) with a teaspoon of garlic powder and onion powder. I used Kite Hill brand, but I also like Trader Joe’s brand OR you can use my homemade Vegan Cream Cheese. NOTE: While I love Violife brand, it won’t work here as it just melts when warm!
In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs (1/2 cup) with a tablespoon of melted vegan butter for a crispy topping.
Scoop the cream cheese mixture into the peppers.
Now sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. I do this all in the pan I bake them on. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F, until golden brown and crispy on top. You don’t want to over bake and make the peppers too soft, so 20-25 minutes is perfect.
Serve with a 2 ingredient easy raspberry sauce! Simply place 1/2 cup of raspberry jam in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then stir. That’s it!
Want more Game Day appetizers?
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Queso Dip
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese homemade or store-bought*
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
Raspberry Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put on gloves to deal with the peppers (the spices will get on your hands and you might later burn your eye!). Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise, then using a small spoon scoop out the membranes and seeds and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan cream cheese, garlic powder and onion powder together until combined.
- In another small bowl, mix the melted vegan butter and breadcrumbs.
- Scoop the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeños. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Make the Raspberry Sauce: Add the jam and water to a bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and stir.
- Serve jalapeno poppers with raspberry sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- I used Kite Hill Vegan Cream Cheese, but I also like Trader Joe's brand. Or use my homemade Vegan Cream Cheese.
- Gluten Free: Use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Leftover poppers will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, simply reheat in the oven or air fryer for a few minutes until crisp and warm.