Vegan Tartar Sauce is so easy to make at home, and goes perfectly with Vegan Fish Sticks and other “fishy” foods! Ready in just 5 minutes.
I never liked fish growing up, but my parents forced me to eat it quite regularly. The only way I could get it down was to drown it in tartar sauce!
Making your own vegan tartar sauce at home is so easy, plus it tastes a million times better than a store-bought jar. Use tartar sauce on all the vegan “fishy” foods (recipe coming in a few days for Vegan Fish Sticks!).
- Vegan Mayo – I used my cashew based vegan mayo, but you can use a store-bought version if you’d like.
- Dill Pickles – chopped very fine, OR use dill pickle relish
- Dried or Fresh Dill
- Lemon Juice
How to make it
It couldn’t be easier! Just throw everything into a bowl, and give it a stir. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
What to serve tartar sauce with?
- Vegan Fish Sticks (recipe coming, stay tuned!)
- A dip for fries (try my Oven Roasted Potato Wedges)
- Any vegan “fishy” recipes or products, homemade or packaged, such as Gardein Fishless Fillets, Quorn Fishless Sticks, etc.
Vegan Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup vegan mayo (homemade OR store bought)
- 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons dried dill, or 2 tablespoons fresh
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon squeezed)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only and was calculated using store bought vegan mayo, not homemade. The homemade version will be less calories and fat.
- I like using my homemade Vegan Mayo in the recipe, but you can use store bought vegan mayo as well.
- To make it even easier, you can substitute dill pickle relish for the chopped dill pickles.