One Pot Vegan Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This One Pot Vegan Pasta is made with simple vegetables, seasonings, and vegan mascarpone. It’s a quick, easy, and lusciously creamy dinner you can throw together in 30 minutes!
Creamy vegan pasta recipe
Is there anything better than cooking an entire meal in the same pot? Just like my best vegan mac and cheese and tuscan vegan gnocchi, this vegan pasta recipe is made with really simple ingredients that all cook together in just one pot on the stove. Not only that, but the dish features rich and creamy bites, flexible veggies and seasonings, and is ready to eat in 30 minutes!
This easy vegan pasta dinner features a deliciously creamy, Italian-inspired sauce made from diced tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and vegan mascarpone cheese. It’s the rich and creamy secret in the tomato sauce that turns the entire meal into a thing of beauty. Feel free to substitute vegan sour cream, cream cheese or cashew cream.
And when you’re done using it in the pasta, make sure to use the leftover mascarpone in my Vegan Tiramisu for dessert.
You and your family are sure to love this quick, creamy, and easy one pot pasta recipe! It’s:
- Low maintenance and very hands-off
- Made with simple and customizable ingredients
- Easy to make nut free and gluten free
- Savory, comforting, and cheesy
- A simple 30-minute meal
Ingredient notes (with substitutions)
- Olive oil
- Onion and garlic
- Diced tomatoes – Used canned tomatoes to keep the process simple and easy.
- Vegetable broth
- Italian seasoning – Pre-packaged or make your own using dried oregano, parsley, rosemary, basil, and thyme.
- Sun dried tomatoes – You should be able to find jarred sun dried tomatoes in most major grocery stores. Leave them out if you don’t like them.
- Tomato paste
- Pasta – Use short cut pasta, like penne, fusilli, or bow tie so it cooks quickly and evenly in the same pot as the pasta sauce.
- Spinach – Or substitute it for another leafy green, like kale.
- Vegan mascarpone – This dairy free mascarpone is creamy and rich, giving the vegan pasta sauce a luscious texture and mouthfeel. Coconut cream, vegan cream cheese, or vegan sour cream can also be used in a pinch.
- Vegan parmesan cheese – Optional, but is key to making your pasta extra cheesy!
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten free: Substitute your favorite short cut gluten free pasta for the regular pasta.
- Nut free: Replace the mascarpone with coconut cream and make my vegan parmesan cheese recipe with pepitas instead of nuts.
- More vegetables: Turn to this one pot pasta when you need a “clean out the fridge” recipe for dinner. You can add sauteed bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, red onions, cherry tomatoes, and more.
- Add protein: If you want to make each portion extra filling, add cooked red lentils, diced vegan chicken, vegan ground beef, crumbled tempeh, or soy curls into the pot.
Want more easy vegan pasta recipes?
- The Best Vegan Spaghetti
- Creamy Vegan Sausage Pasta
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce
- Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
One Pot Vegan Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 ounces small pasta, I used fusilli
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mascarpone, OR coconut cream, vegan cream cheese/sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes with the juices, vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir well so the tomato paste dissolves into the broth.
- Now add the pasta, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the pasta is done, about 10-12 minutes. If needed, add a little extra liquid (broth or water) so the pasta doesn't dry out.
- Stir in the baby spinach and let it wilt.
- Lastly, stir in the vegan mascarpone and parmesan. The sauce should be creamy and thick at this point. Let it sit, covered, for about 5 minutes before serving so the sauce can thicken a bit more. Enjoy!
- May leave out the sun dried tomatoes if desired. The recipe is flexible, so feel free to add more veggies if desired, such as chopped zucchini, kale, etc.
- Gluten free – Simply use gluten free pasta.
- You can leave the mascarpone out, or use vegan sour cream, vegan cream cheese or cashew cream instead. Just a little something to make the sauce creamy! It’s also perfectly good without it.
- The vegan parmesan can be left out as well, if needed.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here