Seriously easy 1-pan Skillet Enchiladas are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy all the flavors of enchiladas without the work.
While I love my Best Vegan Enchiladas or Vegan Sour Cream Enchiladas, sometimes I want a quicker version without all the lengthy prep. That’s why I created this recipe for Vegan Skillet Enchiladas.
There is no need to turn on the oven, prep time is almost nothing, and you will be enjoying enchiladas in less than 30 minutes! Perfect for busy weeknights.
Better yet, it’s a total family friendly meal! My kids all love this dinner, and there are rarely any leftovers. I call that a win!
Tips & Substitutions
- The “meat” – I used Impossible vegan ground beef, but you can use any vegan beef crumbles you like. You could also switch it up and use some sort of Vegan Chicken (cut up small), Vegan Ground Beef from TVP or this Cauliflower Walnut Mushroom Taco Meat. Or just use a few extra cans of beans.
- The cheese – I used store bought shredded cheese. I love Violife, Follow Your Heart and even Daiya shreds. You could also use my Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce or Shreddable Vegan Mozzarella.
- Tortillas – I used flour tortillas, but corn tortillas work as well. Use corn for gluten free.
- Enchilada sauce – I have access to vegan friendly enchilada sauce, but make sure to check the label because sometimes they contain milk. Or you can make my easy homemade enchilada sauce.
Want more easy Mexican-inspired dinners?
Skillet Enchiladas (Vegan)
- 12 ounce package impossible ground meat see notes for options
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 small corn tortillas or 4-5 medium flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 15- ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn I used frozen
- 19 ounces enchilada sauce vegan friendly
- 1-2 cups shredded vegan cheese
- Vegan Sour Cream
- chopped green onions
- sliced black olives
- Heat a large cast iron pan or other skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegan beef and diced onion and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking it into pieces and stirring frequently.
- Now add the garlic and salt, and stir for about a minute.
- Add the cut up corn tortilla pieces, black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Stir it up, then cover and reduce the heat to low for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle on the cheese, then cover again and remove from heat. Let it sit for a few minutes so the cheese can melt.
- Serve with Vegan Sour Cream, chopped green onions and sliced black olives, if desired.
- I love using Impossible ground beef here, but you can use Beyond meat crumbles, Gardein or any other brand you prefer. For a different option, make my Vegan Ground Beef from Vegan Nachos or even this Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat. Or simply add 2 extra cans of beans.
- Gluten free? Use corn tortillas and make sure there is no gluten in the enchilada sauce.
- Nut free? Easy! Use a nut free vegan cheese.
- If you don’t want to buy vegan shredded cheese (or can’t find it), try make Vegan Nacho Cheese or Shredded Vegan Mozzarella.
This was delicious . Will make this again soon. made your tvp meat and nacho cheese sauce recipe to use in this . Topped it off with pickled jalapeno and spring onion.So tasty, thanks again for another great recipe.
Hi Kaye. You are welcome! I’m thrilled you loved the enchiladas! Thanks for your wonderful feedback and review!
Love it! Super easy and quick. I have been using so many of your recipes at home and my boyfriend and I are both loving them. Thanks Nora 🙂
You are welcome, Mariah! It’s wonderful that you are loving my recipes and find them easy and quick! Thank you for sharing your great feedback and review! Happy cooking!