Spicy roasted buffalo cauliflower paired with fresh spinach, chickpeas, grain of your choosing and topped with a drizzle of cashew cream sauce.
- I used brown rice, but you could substitute white rice, quinoa or farro.
- Add some cooked kale instead of baby spinach.
- Instead of cashew cream, drizzle with vegan ranch dressing.
This buddha bowl is gluten free as long as you use almond flour in the batter. I tested it with almond flour and all purpose flour, and both options work just fine. You can also add panko breadcrumbs to make the cauliflower extra crispy, like I do in this recipe.
Check out my Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas for another amazing cauliflower recipe!
Buffalo Cauliflower Buddha Bowl
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Savory Cashew Cream
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Bowls
- 4-5 cups cooked brown rice, quinoa or farro
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a large roasting pan by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, water, salt and garlic powder.
- Dip the cauliflower florets, one by one, in the batter and place on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and shake them around a little bit. Brush the cauliflower with most of the Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the sauce looks absorbed and they are somewhat crispy, but not burned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make your cashew cream sauce and prepare all the bowl ingredients.
- To a high powered blender, add the soaked and drained cashews, fresh water, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Blend on high until very smooth.
Assembling the Bowls
- In a bowl for each person, add about 1 cup of whatever cooked grain you're using, 1/4-1/2 cup chickpeas, a handful of baby spinach, some buffalo cauliflower, and top with a drizzle of cashew cream. May also drizzle additional red hot sauce on top if you like. Serve!
- You may also use all purpose flour in place of the almond flour, if desired.