Best Homemade Vegan Ranch
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Tangy and oh-so-creamy vegan ranch dressing that is easy to make at home! Soaked cashews work their magic to create the creamiest, dreamiest ranch dressing or dip that is totally plant based and dairy free.
Can vegans eat ranch?
Don’t worry! You can still have your favorite salad dressing even once you’ve given up dairy. And this vegan ranch tastes creamier and better than the original!
It seems like ranch is THE universal salad dressing for kids. Whether on a bed of lettuce or with some carrot sticks and cucumbers for dipping, is there anything better? All three of my kids love it.
Make a batch of this vegan ranch to use all week long! I suggest using a high powered blender like the Vitamix or If you don’t have one, just soak your cashews in hot water for at least an hour before blending.
How do you make vegan ranch?
It’s so easy and takes about 10 minutes total.
First, measure out 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews. Pour boiling hot water over them (I use my tea kettle for this) and let them soak for at least 5 minutes.
*Please note this page does contain affiliate links. I only link to products I absolutely love and recommend. Thank you for your support.
Drain the cashews and add them to a blender, along with all the other ingredients (EXCEPT the dill). Blend until very creamy and smooth.
Then simply add the fresh (or dried) dill and pulse a few times or stir in. That’s it! Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, if it lasts that long.
Ideas for using Vegan Ranch
I love using this dressing in a variety of ways, such as:
- A dip with cut up veggie sticks like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and broccoli.
- On a large salad with romaine, tomatoes, peas, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, avocado chunks and chickpeas.
- Drizzled over pizza
- Making this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- And in veggie burgers, yum!
You could even dip potato chips or fries into it, if that’s your thing… 🙂
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @nora_cooks_vegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
Best Homemade Vegan Ranch
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh dill OR 2-3 teaspoons dried dill*
- Soak the raw cashew pieces in hot water for 5-10 minutes. I heat up water in my electric kettle and pour it over the cashews to soak.
- Drain the cashews and add to your blender. Add the remaining ingredients except the dill, and blend until very smooth.
- Now add the dill, and pulse a few times to combine. You don't want to blend the dill or it will end up very green.
- Serve on salad or with fresh vegetables for dipping. This will keep for up to a week in the fridge. It will thicken in the fridge, just thin out with water until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
- If you don't care for dill, you may substitute with parsley (1/3 cup fresh chopped small, or 2-3 teaspoons dried).
- For Sriracha Ranch, add 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha, or to taste when blending.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here