Inspired by Chipotle, this Vegan Burrito Bowl has it all. Cilantro lime rice, sheet pan vegan chik’n and peppers, beans, veggies and the best vegan queso!
This Vegan Burrito Bowl is inspired by Chipotle. I love that I can always get a big, satisfying, delicious vegan meal at Chipotle, but did you know that you can make an incredible burrito bowl at home?
What is so fun about this recipe is that unlike at the restaurant, you are not limited to sofritas, beans and guacamole. This burrito bowl includes easy-to-make sheet pan vegan chik’n, peppers and onions and you can smother it all with Vegan Queso Blanco! Make all your vegan cheese dreams come true.
You can also add Vegan Sour Cream, salsa, lettuce, avocado or guacamole, beans, cilantro or shredded vegan cheese. The sky is the limit when you make it at home!
Cilantro Lime Rice
I’ve included a super simple recipe for cilantro lime rice. It’s so easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes. If you prefer to use brown rice, you can, but it will take longer, about 40 minutes to cook.
(Scroll down to the recipe card for full amounts and instructions)
Sheet Pan Vegan Chik’n, Peppers and Onions
This is such a delicious addition to the burrito bowl, so don’t leave it out unless you have to! The tofu is ripped for texture, coated in a mixture of cornstarch, oil and spices and baked until crispy. The peppers and onions are baked right alongside the tofu chik’n.
Once you have prepared the tofu, veggies and rice, all that’s left to do is assemble! Divide the rice into bowls, along with the rest of the ingredients and serve.
Want more vegan mexican recipes?
- The Best Vegan Enchiladas
- Easy Chipotle Sofritas
- Sheet Pan Vegan Chik’n Burritos
- Cauliflower Tacos
- Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas
Vegan Burrito Bowl - With Queso and Vegan Chik'n
Sheet Pan Chik'n, Peppers and Onions
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped small
For the Sheet Pan Chik'n, Peppers and Onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a large sheet pan. Slice the pressed tofu into about 6 slices, then tear bite sized pieces from the slices and place in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Add the olive oil, cornstarch, cumin, onion powder and salt, and mix gently to coat the tofu.
- Place the coated tofu on the prepared pan, along with the sliced peppers and onions. Drizzle or spray the peppers/onions with oil, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until the tofu is golden and crispy. Remove from the oven.
For the Cilantro Lime Rice
- While the tofu/peppers/onions bake, prepare the rice.
- In a medium pot, sauté the rice in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil for 3-4 minutes, then add the water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the rice steam for another 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
For the Rest
- Prepare a batch of Queso Blanco (you can do this the night before if possible). Drain and rinse a can of black beans, get out the salsa, chopped lettuce, shredded vegan cheese, avocado slices or guacamole.
- Assemble the burrito bowls: Divide the rice into bowls, followed by beans, tofu chik'n, peppers and onions, queso blanco, salsa, lettuce, shredded cheese and avocado or guacamole. Enjoy!