Pumpkin pie in a milkshake, and it’s totally dairy free! This silky smooth vegan pumpkin milkshake is just perfect for Fall!
Get your pumpkin pie fix with this vegan pumpkin milkshake! It’s full of pumpkin pie spices, super creamy and smooth and topped with non-dairy whipped cream.
This shake is made with non-dairy vanilla ice cream. It actually tastes like a “real” milkshake, and isn’t pretending to be healthy, though I do give an option for using frozen bananas instead of ice cream if you want a lighter version.
What kind of non-dairy ice cream is best?
I used Trader Joe’s soy vanilla ice cream, because it’s totally delicious and inexpensive. But there are so many options nowadays! Even Target is carrying their own brand of vegan ice cream.
Another favorite of mine is SoDelicious cashew based ice creams.
Make it a pumpkin spice latte shake
Add 1-2 shots of espresso or 1/4 cup strong coffee, cooled first. You may want to add a little less non-dairy milk as well.
Vegan Whipped Cream
For this photo, I used almond milk Reddi Whip that I found at Target, mostly because I had it on hand and it looked pretty. You could also make my Vegan Whipped Cream to top your shakes with.
Hungry for more vegan pumpkin recipes?
Vegan Pumpkin Milkshake
- 2 cups non-dairy vanilla ice cream*
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- In a blender, blend together non-dairy ice cream, pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with non-dairy whipped cream. I used almond whipped cream from the store, but you could make your own Vegan Whipped Cream if you want.
- I used Trader Joe's soy vanilla because it's my favorite and it's inexpensive, but you can use any brand you like. SoDelicious cashew based vanilla is really good. There are more options for vegan ice cream all the time.
- I used soy milk, but again you can use coconut, hemp, almond, cashew, oat, any kind you like.
- For a pumpkin spice latte shake, add 1-2 shots of espresso or 1/4 cup strong coffee that has been cooled.
- For a healthier option, blend 3-4 frozen bananas (peeled and in chunks) along with the non-dairy milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, adding more milk as needed to make it smooth and milkshake-like. You may also want to add some maple syrup to sweeten.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only and will vary greatly depending on what ice cream you use.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
I made this tonight to distress from election night anxieties and was not disappointed! This tasted just like pumpkin pie (in shake version). 10/10 recommend!
Thanks so much!
I haven’t had a milkshake in years. This was fun and super delicious!
So glad you enjoyed the milkshake, Parie!
You list the milkshake as 323kcal , a kcal is 1000 calories therefore is the shake 323000 calories?!?
No, it is approximately 323 calories, depending of course on what ice cream you use. What we call a calorie is actually a “kcal”. You can google the topic to find out more, but here is one reference.
Holy smokes this is so good! I was shocked how delicious it is. Thank you for a great recipe.
Yum!!! I make something similar to this but put in my vegan meal replacement powder and am set for hours!!! Lunch and dessert at the same time.
I love it! Thanks Misty!