Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Learn how to make the best vegan pumpkin spice latte at home. Better than Starbucks, and absolutely no dairy required! Easy to prepare in just 5 minutes.
Ahhh, the pumpkin spice latte, perhaps the most beloved beverage of the Fall season. People go crazy over this drink, and understandably so. It’s creamy, sweet, and has all the lovely flavors of pumpkin pie.
The downside of getting one of these at Starbucks? They contain dairy (at least in the U.S.)! Not to mention they are pretty pricey.
The solution? I have come up with the most amazing and easy recipe for a homemade, vegan pumpkin spice latte that you will love! It’s ready in about 5 minutes, and you can use espresso or strong brewed coffee. Top with Vegan Whipped Cream!
How to make it
First, add 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to a small pot, over medium heat. Stir, then add spice mix and non-dairy milk of choice.
Stir, warming, but be careful not to boil.
Turn off the heat, and stir in coffee (about 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, or 1-2 shots of espresso). Taste for sweetness, and adjust as needed.
Pour into a mug, and top with plenty of vegan whipped cream, if desired! Sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice mix on top of the whipped topping.
Substitutions & Tips
- Don’t have pumpkin spice mix? No worries! Use 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, along with a tiny pinch of ginger, nutmeg and cloves. You could even just use cinnamon if that’s all you have.
- Use canned coconut milk for a richer beverage. I like to use a creamy milk such as cashew or soy, but any non-dairy milk you like will work.
- You can use granulated organic sugar instead of maple syrup. Again, add sweetness to your liking, and be aware that if you are using a sweetened milk you will need even less added sweetener.
Enjoy, and Happy Fall!
Want more vegan Starbucks copycat recipes?
- Starbucks Copycat Vegan Pumpkin Scones
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf
- Vegan Blueberry Scones
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Stir, then add the pumpkin pie spice mix and the non-dairy milk. Warm, but do not bring to a boil.
- Once warm, turn off the heat and add the coffee (or espresso shots) and stir. Taste for sweetness: Add more maple syrup for a sweeter drink; I found 2 tablespoons to be just right.
- Pour into a mug and top with vegan whipped cream. Sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice mix on top if desired. Enjoy!
- If you want a really creamy and rich beverage, use canned coconut milk.
- To keep it caffeine free for kids, replace the 1/2 cup of coffee with more non-dairy milk.
- You can also just use organic granulated sugar instead of maple syrup, if that's what you have.
- Double, triple or quadruple the recipe to make enough for company!
- Don't have pumpkin spice mix? Use this instead: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a tiny pinch of ginger, cloves and nutmeg. You can just use cinnamon if you're short on spices!
*Recipe last updated October 2019 with new photos and writing, including tips and substitutions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here