Learn how to make the best vegan pumpkin spice latte at home. Better than Starbucks, and absolutely no dairy required! Use espresso, strong coffee, or keep it caffeine free for kids.
I’m in full Fall swing over here people. The weather is changing; in Oregon we are on a stretch of crisp, cool, sunny days. It’s magnificent! The leaves are beginning to change, and I couldn’t be happier about it. I’m in the mood for warm, cozy sweaters and comforting beverages!
Enter the homemade vegan pumpkin spice latte, perhaps the most beloved beverage in the Fall season. People go crazy over this drink, and understandably so. It’s creamy, sweet, and has all the lovely flavors of pumpkin pie. Top with some coconut whip cream for extra deliciousness!
I’ve heard rumors of Starbucks creating a vegan pumpkin spice latte, but it’s certainly not in the U.S. yet. That would be amazing! But even so, making your own at home is SO MUCH CHEAPER. What is a PSL at Starbucks, like $6 minimum? Now you can make this yummy Fall treat at a fraction of the cost, without any animal products. Plus, you can control the sweetness completely. Win, win.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE AT HOME?
It couldn’t be easier.
First, add 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree to a small pot, over medium heat. Stir, then add spice mix and non-dairy milk of choice (think creamy: coconut, cashew, soy or hemp are all good choices).
Stir, warming, but be careful not to boil.
Turn off the heat, and stir in coffee (about 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, or 1-2 shots of espresso if that’s an option). Taste for sweetness, and adjust as needed.
Pour into a mug, and top with plenty of coconut whip cream, if desired! Sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice mix on top of the whip. I usually buy the So Delicious Coco Whip since I can find it at my local store, but if you can’t find it you can always make your own. I have a recipe for coconut whip cream here, with this chocolate cream pie.
Enjoy, and Happy Fall!
For more Fall recipes, check these out:
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Stir, then add the pumpkin pie spice mix and the non-dairy milk. Warm, but do not bring to a boil.
- Once warm, turn off the heat and add the coffee (or espresso shots) and stir. Taste for sweetness: Add more maple syrup for a sweeter drink; I found 2 tablespoons to be just right.
- Pour into a mug and top with coconut whip. Sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice mix on top if desired. Enjoy!
- I used So Delicious Coco Whip, found it the freezer section (comes in a container like Cool Whip). You can also make your own, or omit.
- To keep it caffeine free for kids, replace the 1/2 cup of coffee with more non-dairy milk.