This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Tzatziki is a Mediterranean sauce served cold for a dip or with various dishes, such as with Falafel. It’s usually made with a base of yogurt, but this version uses tofu instead. Vegan Tzatziki sauce pairs wonderfully with Easy Vegan Falafel, or simply serve with cut up vegetables and pita bread!
I knew when I developed this Easy Vegan Falafel recipe that I would also have to come up with a Tzatziki sauce! Falafel just isn’t the same without it, in my opinion. It’s this creamy, garlicky, dilly sauce that just pairs so well with it.
- Tofu -firm works fine, soft or silken would also work
- Lemon juice
- Fresh dill (dried if you must) -fresh tastes so much better!
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cucumber – grated
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
How to make Vegan Tzatziki
It’s so simple to make. Add everything (except the cucumber) to a food processor and process until smooth.
Grate a whole english cucumber, then place it in the center of a clean towel and squeeze the excess juices out, as much as you can. This will help the sauce not be so watery.
Add the cucumber to the food processor, and pulse until just combined. Don’t over process, you want to leave some texture.
Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days giving it a good stir before you use it. I don’t recommend freezing it.
Want more creamy, vegan sauces?
- 1 block firm tofu (16 oz), or soft
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill, or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 english cucumber, grated
- Break the tofu into large chunks and add to a food processor. Add all the ingredients except the cucumber and process until very smooth.
- Grate the cucumber and place it in the middle of a clean towel, then squeeze the extra juices out over a bowl. Add the cucumber to the food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve with Easy Vegan Falafel, cut vegetables, pita bread and more!
- If you don't want to use tofu, you can substitute plain vegan yogurt instead. It can be expensive and difficult to find though. Sub 16 oz and leave out the water and vinegar.
- Use fresh dill if at all possible, it tastes so much better!
- If you don't care for vinegar, you can leave it out.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here