Tzatziki is a Mediterranean sauce served cold for a dip or with various dishes, such as with Falafel. It’s usually made with a base of yogurt, but this version uses tofu instead. This Dairy Free Tzatziki sauce pairs wonderfully with Easy Vegan Falafel, or simply serve with cut up vegetables and pita bread!
I knew when I developed this Easy Vegan Falafel recipe a few weeks ago that I would also have to come up with a Tzatziki sauce! Falafel just isn’t the same without it, in my opinion. It’s this creamy, garlicky, dilly, full of flavor sauce that just pairs so well with Falafel.
I love this Dairy Free Tzatziki sauce. It’s:
Made with inexpensive, easy to find ingredients. (No hard to find unsweetened non-dairy yogurt)
Easy to make, and comes together in just 5 minutes!
Packed with flavor!
It’s a cinch to make. Throw everything (except the cucumber) into a food processor, or a blender, and process until smooth. Then add a grated cucumber, and pulse a few times until combined.
Serve with this Easy Vegan Falafel or with any of your favorite Greek foods!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it goes! Rate it, leave a comment and tag a photo @noracooksvegan on Instagram. Enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe.
Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 block firm tofu (16 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill, or 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 english cucumber, grated
- Break the tofu into large chunks and add to a food processor. Add all the ingredients except the cucumber and process until very smooth.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the cucumber in handfuls at a time, and add to the food processor. Once it's all added, pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve with vegan falafel wraps.
Click below to PIN —— >