JUST Egg Omelette
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
This JUST Egg Omelette looks and tastes just like the real thing! Fluffy, flavorful, and filled with veggies, it’s one of the easiest vegan breakfast recipes you can have ready in only 10 minutes.
This post is not sponsored by JUST Egg. I truly just think it’s a great product! 🙂
It’s hard to believe this JUST Egg Omelette is made without any eggs at all! Fluffy, filling, and just so delicious, you may have to remind yourself that you aren’t eating real eggs as you dig into this recipe.
JUST Egg is a company that really makes you feel good about where the future of plant based ready-made foods is heading. Just like liquid eggs, this vegan egg mixture is simply poured into a hot pan with a few extra add-ins and quickly turns into a fluffy vegan omelette. It’s one of the most innovative vegan products on the market and I think you’re really going to love it!
If you can’t find JUST Egg where you live, you will love my Vegan Omelette made with simple pantry ingredients.
I made this easy eggless omelette with simple fillings like spinach, broccoli, and vegan cheese. You can fill the inside with almost anything you love and drizzle on a few fun toppings when it’s done, like herbs, hot sauce, and even vegan cheese sauce. Make the meal extra special with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit on the side, then enjoy!
What is JUST Egg made of?
JUST Egg is a liquid vegan egg mixture made from two key ingredients: mung beans and turmeric. There are a handful of other ingredients in the mixture to help the cooked “eggs” taste realistic, hold together, and preserve the quality.
How to make a vegan omelette with JUST Egg
Melt vegan butter in a small pan and saute the veggies until they’re soft. Set them aside and turn the heat down.
Whisk the JUST Egg with the flour, baking powder, and black salt in a bowl. The flour/baking powder helps the omelette cook up fluffy and the black salt will help it taste even more realistic!
Pour the vegan egg mixture into the hot pan. Cover with a lid and let it cook until it’s no longer liquidy on top. Add the cooked veggies and shredded cheese on one side of the omelette, then fold the other side over top. Let it cook for a few more minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve the omelette immediately with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What does a JUST Egg omelette taste like?
The taste, smell, and texture of JUST Egg is almost identical to real eggs. Mixing the “egg” liquid with some black salt (Kala Namak) really takes the flavor up a notch and gives the omelette a true “eggy” taste.
Tips and substitutions
- Flour and baking powder – This is the secret to an extra fluffy eggless omelette! Try not to skip them.
- Make sure your pan isn’t too hot. If you don’t lower the temperature before adding the “egg” mixture, the bottom of the omelette can burn and it won’t cook well.
- Gluten free – Use your favorite gluten free flour instead of the all purpose flour.
- Equipment – I recommend cooking your vegan egg omelette in a quality non-stick pan no larger than 6 to 8 inches. If it’s too wide, the “egg” mixture will spread and be too thin.
Filling and topping ideas
An eggless omelette is only as good as its fillings. With veggies, vegan meats, and cheeses on the inside and a fresh garnish on top, every bite will be heavenly. Use these ideas to get started:
- Tofu bacon
- Tempeh bacon
- Red pepper
- Vegan shredded mozzarella
- Vegan nacho cheese sauce
- Hot sauce
- Black beans
Hungry for more vegan “egg” recipes?
- Vegan Fried Eggs
- Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Tofu Scramble
- Easy Vegan Quiche
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
JUST Egg Omelette
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup chopped small broccoli
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese
- hot sauce, sliced avocado, chopped green onions, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs
- In a small pan (8 inch is best), melt a teaspoon of vegan butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the chopped veggies and spinach until softened a bit, and season with a little salt + pepper, to taste. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate nearby. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, quickly whisk the Just Egg with the flour, baking powder and black salt until combined.
- Melt the second teaspoon of vegan butter in the pan, then pour in your "egg" mixture. Tilt the pan a little if needed to encourage it to spread into an even circle.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes, until it looks mostly cooked and no longer liquidity on top. Make sure your pan isn't too hot or it won't cook well and the bottom will burn. If it takes a little longer, that's okay.
- Once the top looks done, add your sautéed veggies and shredded cheese, if using, to one side of the omelette. Now fold over one side to cover your fillings, cover and let cook for another few minutes until the cheese it melty.
- Serve immediately with extra toppings of choice. I like Sriracha hot sauce, black pepper, chopped green onions and a few slices of avocado.
- You don’t have to use broccoli and spinach, feel free to use whatever veggies you like such as kale, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus or no veggies at all.
- You may use vegetable oil instead of vegan butter, if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here