Thai Peanut Noodles
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
20 minutes is all it takes to make Thai Peanut Noodles! This dish is loaded with colorful vegetables and packed with flavor. Gluten free.
Let me introduce you to one of my favorite easy meals, ever: Thai Peanut Noodles. This recipe tastes better than anything you can order from take-out, while also being incredibly nourishing and full of nutrients!
It’s perfect for those nights when you want food on the table, FAST. So instead of ordering take-out or getting yet another Chipotle burrito bowl (just me?), take 20 minutes and make these Thai Peanut Noodles.
How do you make Thai Peanut Noodles?
Let me tell you about how easy this is!
#1 Whisk all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
#2 Prep your noodles. (I use these stir fry noodles)
#3 Quickly stir fry the veggies.
#4 Add the noodles and sauce to the cooked veggies, mix and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
What vegetables should I use?
I wanted to pack in some veggies without making the dish too difficult to throw together, so here are my choices:
- Shredded cabbage or my favorite: Cruciferous Crunch from Trader Joe’s. It has kale, cabbage and brussel sprouts in it. Best of all, it comes washed, shredded and ready to throw in.
- Carrots. To avoid chopping carrots, you can even buy shredded carrots if you want. I chopped them into matchsticks.
- Red Bell Pepper. Slice it thin.
- Green onions
Other solid choices could be chopped small broccoli or cauliflower, peas, green beans, edamame or even chopped kale or spinach. It’s a great way to use up veggies in your fridge before they go bad!
What’s in the peanut sauce?
- Natural peanut butter (just peanuts, and maybe salt)
- Low sodium soy sauce, but for Gluten Free use tamari. Regular soy sauce is too salty for me, if you use it you may want to cut down on the amount.
- Lime juice
- Pure maple syrup
- & a little Sriracha hot sauce
Want more Vegan Asian-inspired dinners?
- Peanut Tofu with Coconut Rice
- Vegan Pad Thai
- Kung Pao Tofu
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
- Crispy Baked Orange Tofu
Thai Peanut Noodles
For the peanut sauce:
For the rest:
- 7 ounces brown rice stir fry noodles
- 2 cups cabbage or Trader Joe's cruciferous crunch
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Make the Peanut Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let soak for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse well. (If using other noodles, prepare according to package instructions.)
- Cook the veggies: In the same pot you boiled the noodles in, add a few tablespoons of water (or olive oil). Add the cabbage, carrots, red pepper and green onions and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Mix it all together: Now add the noodles and peanut sauce. Mix until warm and combined. Serve immediately with cilantro and chopped peanuts on top, and more hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here