Instant Pot Tomato Soup (Vegan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Easy Instant Pot Tomato Soup with a handful of ingredients and made quick in the Instant Pot. It’s so smooth and creamy, without any dairy!
Cozy and comforting tomato soup is SO easy to make with pantry staples. It’s full of tomato rich flavors, perfectly creamy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
How to make tomato soup in the Instant Pot
- Push the saute button on the Instant Pot (affiliate link, this is the one I have).
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the Instant Pot for a moment, and add the carrots, canned tomatoes, vegetable, basil and salt.
- Stir, then place the lid on, turn the valve to “seal” and cook on high for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes once it beeps, then carefully release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid, and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. You could also use a regular blender, and blend in batches.
Add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar to cut down on any acidity, and more salt to taste. Then stir in 1/2-1 cup of full fat coconut milk/cream (from a can). For a really creamy soup, you could even use the whole can, but I found anywhere from 1/2 to 1 cup is perfect.
If you don’t like coconut or can’t eat it, you could substitute cashew cream. Or simply blend the soup with a cup of raw cashews until smooth. You can also leave out any kind of cream altogether, it just won’t be as creamy of course.
Make sure to check out my Vegan Instant Pot Recipes category for more easy and quick recipes.
More vegan soups you might enjoy
- Easy Vegan Tomato Soup
- Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Everyday Vegan Lentil Soup
- Easy Vegan Potato Soup
Instant Pot Tomato Soup (Vegan)
- Select the "saute" function on Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions become translucent.
- Turn off the Instant Pot for a moment. Add in the carrots, canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil and salt. Lock the lid and close the pressure valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once it beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually release any pressure carefully by turning the pressure valve to "venting".
- Remove the lid from Instant Pot. Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is very smooth. You may also blend it all in a regular blender if desired.
- Taste and adjust, adding more salt if desired, or 1-2 teaspoons sugar to cut down on any acidity.
- Now stir in 1/2-1 cup of full fat coconut milk, to add creaminess and richness to the soup. You can leave it out if desired, or use Cashew Cream instead. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This soup freezes well. Freeze in individual small containers or in large ziplock bags to freeze flat.
- Use quality canned tomatoes for best results.
*This recipe was originally published in April 2018, and has been updated with new photos and an improved recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here