Vegan Cauliflower Soup – Easy & Creamy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Cauliflower Soup is ready in 30 minutes with just 7 simple ingredients. This soup is super creamy and flavorful, plus it’s nut free! Pair it with a loaf of bread for a comforting weeknight meal.
This Cauliflower Soup is made on the stovetop and is chock full of cauliflower! It’s blended until creamy and smooth, unless you’d like to leave a little texture.
I use full fat coconut milk to make the soup richer and creamier, but if you really dislike coconut or can’t have it, there are options, so keep reading!
Because it’s so creamy and smooth, it’s totally kid approved! Even my pickiest kid ate it up with some bread without complaining.
How to make Cauliflower Soup
Start out by prepping your cauliflower. Rinse a head of cauliflower, then discard the stem and outer leaves. Chop into florets and set aside. TIP: To make it even easier, use pre-chopped or frozen cauliflower. I’d use about 1 1/2 pounds.
Next, in a large soup pot, cook an onion in a little olive oil, then add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
To the pot, add the cauliflower, vegetable broth and thyme. Stir, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for about 15 minutes, covered, until the cauliflower is tender. The vegetable broth might not quite cover the cauliflower, and that’s fine. It will make the soup thicker when you blend it.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Once the cauliflower is tender, use an immersion blender and blend until smooth, leaving as much texture as you’d like. If you want a silky smooth soup, transfer to a high powered blender in batches if needed and blend.
Stir in as much of the canned coconut milk as you’d like. I used all the creamy white part and most of the can. You can use less or more, as desired.
Alternatives to Coconut Milk
You can simply leave it out entirely for a lighter, less rich soup. Or blend the soup in a high powered blender with 1/2-1 cup of raw cashews. You can also stir in a little Cashew Cream if you have some on hand.
How to store the soup
It will stay good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and can also be frozen. I love eating it for lunch or dinner with a side salad and a good loaf of bread.
Want more creamy vegan soup recipes?
- Super Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Kale Soup
- Vegan Corn Chowder
- Easy Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Creamy Red Lentil Lemon Soup with Bok Choy
Vegan Cauliflower Soup - Easy & Creamy!
- Prepare your cauliflower: Rinse the cauliflower, then remove the stem and outer leaves. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Set aside. You can also use pre-chopped or frozen cauliflower to make this recipe even easier!
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- To the pot, add the cauliflower florets, vegetable broth, dried thyme and stir. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Using an immersion blender (or transfer in batches to a blender), blend until smooth and creamy. You can also leave some texture if desired.
- Stir in the coconut milk, to taste. I used almost the whole can and all of the white, creamy part. You can use more or less as desired for creaminess.
- Add salt + pepper to taste, and serve hot.
- If you don't like coconut milk or want a different option, you can also blend the soup with 1/2-1 cup of raw cashews in a high powered blender. OR stir in Cashew Cream to taste.
- For a less creamy soup, you can omit the coconut milk altogether. It's still quite good! This will change the nutritional information considerably.
- This soup will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and can also be frozen.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here