Vegan Chocolate Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
The filling for this luxurious, silky smooth vegan chocolate pie is made with just 4 ingredients! This pie is a chocolate lover’s dream.
The filling for vegan chocolate pie is so ridiculously easy, you won’t believe it! Unlike traditional chocolate pie filling, there is no whisking on the stove, trying to get that pudding just right.
No, for this recipe, all you have to do is melt some chocolate chips, then add them and a few other ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth, and voila! Silky smooth, dairy and egg free, chocolate pie filling.
What kind of pie crust should I use for Vegan Chocolate Pie?
To make this super easy, buy a store bought vegan pie crust. Whole Foods has a good one in their freezer section. Or sometimes you can find a cookie based crust.
If you have a little more energy, make my Easy Vegan Pie Crust. I know pie crust can be a little intimidating, but I’ve made it as easy as possible! Once you do it a few times, it will get easier and easier.
If you are gluten free, use my Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust.
What is the whip cream topping?
I used SoDelicious Coco Whip for the cream topping, but there are a few others on the market these days. Even Target is carrying vegan whip cream!
You can also make your own Coconut Whip Cream. Or leave it out, the pie will still be luxurious and delicious!
Want more mouthwatering vegan desserts?
- Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- The Best Vegan Cheesecake
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
Vegan Chocolate Pie
For the chocolate pie filling:
- Prepare the pie crust: If using my recipe for Easy Vegan Pie Crust, prepare as instructed, transfer to a pie pan, poke holes in the bottom several times with a fork, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- Make the chocolate filling: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. It took me 1 1/2 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes. Then add the melted chocolate chips to a blender along with the silken tofu, almond milk and sugar. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. The pie will firm up as it cools.
- Once the pie has chilled, top with coconut whip cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. You can also serve each slice with a dollop of coconut whip. Serve and enjoy!
- I recommend Mori-nu silken tofu, but the water packed tofu will work as well.
- May use any other non-dairy milk in place of almond milk.
- Make sure to check ingredients on your chocolate chips, as many brands have dairy in them. Check out my friend Marly's Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Guide.
- To make this recipe easier, you can buy a pie crust, either a cookie crust or vegan pie crust (Whole Foods has a good one). Or make my Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust.
- I used SoDelicious Coco Whip for this recipe, but it would be great with my Vegan Whipped Cream.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here