Brunch is always better with a slice of JUST Egg Quiche on your plate. Made with an easy puff pastry crust and plenty of veggies and vegan cheese, the eggless JUST Egg filling helps this morning favorite look and taste just like real eggs!
Vegan quiche recipe with JUST Egg
Vegan quiche recipes just became so much easier thanks to JUST Egg. This miracle plant-based egg replacer looks, cooks, and tastes almost exactly like real eggs. Using a bottle of liquid JUST Egg, a medley of colorful vegetables, and vegan cheeses to make a JUST Egg Quiche is the best way to impress and delight all of your guests at brunch!
JUST Egg recipes are quickly gaining popularity because they’re SO realistic. You’d never think the mixture made from mung beans could so easily be cooked and turned into vegan omelettes, quiches, scrambled “eggs”, and more, but it can and does!
The filling in this vegan quiche is free from tofu, eggs, and other complicated ingredients. Make it with a simple storebought pastry or homemade pie crust, then load the eggy filling with any vegetables, vegan cheeses, and vegan meats you love. It’s ready to eat after about 45 minutes and goes great with fresh fruit, blueberry scones, and roasted breakfast potatoes!
Ingredients needed (with substitutions)
- Puff pastry – I love using storebought frozen puff pastry because it’s so easy. You can also use a storebought vegan pie crust, a homemade vegan pie crust, or gluten free pie crust.
- Red bell pepper – You can use any color of bell pepper.
- Green vegetables – Like baby spinach, broccoli, kale, or asparagus.
- Shredded vegan cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- JUST Egg – This innovative egg free product is made from two key ingredients: mung beans and turmeric. These, along with a handful of other vegan ingredients, help the baked “eggs” taste, look, and feel realistic. Click here to find JUST Egg in a grocery store near you.
- All purpose flour – You need flour to help thicken the JUST Egg mixture. Feel free to replace it with a 1:1 gluten free flour mix instead.
- Baking powder – This helps the quiche fluff up and rise.
- Salt – Black salt (kala namak) will give the quiche an eggy flavor. If you don’t have black salt, use regular salt instead.
How to make a JUST egg quiche
Find the complete recipe with measurements below in the recipe card.
Making this quiche recipe with puff pastry keeps the process as quick and simple as possible. Here’s how it’s done:
- Lay your thawed puff pastry or rolled vegan pie crust into a pie plate. Make sure to gently press the dough into the bottom of the plate.
- Place all of the chopped vegetables and shredded cheese into the pie plate lined with crust.
- Whisk the JUST Egg, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour the “egg” filling over the vegetables. Place the halved cherry tomatoes on top, then bake until the center is set.
Frequently asked questions
- Do you need to blind bake the crust? If you’re making this recipe with pie crust, you do NOT need to pre-bake the crust. Just line the pan, fill, and bake.
- What else can go in the quiche filling? Tempeh bacon, tofu bacon, vegan sausage, and any other veggies or cheese you love can all be added to the quiche.
- How long does it last? The baked quiche will last for 2-4 days when kept covered in the fridge.
Want more vegan breakfast and brunch recipes?
- Simple Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Breakfast Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Best Ever Vegan Waffles
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
JUST Egg Quiche
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry or vegan pie crust, see notes
Vegetables and cheese
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 8 cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach or broccoli, kale, asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cheese shreds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Prepare the crust and preheat oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let the puff pastry thaw according to package instructions. This usually takes 15-20 minutes.
- When it's thawed, press into a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
Prepare the fillings
- Chop all the vegetables. Place the red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli and cheese in the pie plate lined with the puff pastry. Set aside while you prepare the "eggs".
Make the JUST Egg mixture and bake
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the JUST Egg, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour over the vegetables in the pie plate, and place the halved cherry tomatoes on top, evenly.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the center is set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy. The quiche will keep for 2-4 days covered in the refrigerator.
- Puff pastry makes this recipe SO easy, but you can easily make it with a regular pie crust as well. You don’t need to pre bake the crust, just line a pie plate, fill and bake. My Vegan Pie Crust works perfectly.
- You may use any combination of vegetables you like here, feel free to switch them out for whatever you have on hand or prefer. Or add tempeh bacon or vegan sausage.