Frozen Vegetable Stir Fry is a truly effortless meal that you’ll love making for dinner, lunch, and meal prep. Frozen vegetables and a homemade stir fry sauce come together in one pan and pack big and bold flavors into every bite.
Easy vegetable stir fry recipe
This Frozen Vegetable Stir Fry is probably the easiest stir fry recipe you’ll ever make. Featuring a simple mix of pre-cut frozen vegetables and the best homemade stir fry sauce, you’ll have this meal on the table in less than 20 minutes. Plus, it’s super affordable!
Vegan stir fry is known for being quick, straightforward, and flexible, and this recipe is no different. Using frozen vegetables is what makes this version so effortless! Just pour the veggies into a hot pan, coat in sauce, and you’re ready to eat.
The best part? You can add almost anything you like to really “beef” up this meal. Make it when you need to clean out your fridge or throw in your favorite vegan protein. It’s perfectly delicious with marinated tofu, tons of vegetables, soy curls, leftover seitan chicken, and so much more.
Ingredients needed (with substitutions)
- Frozen mixed veggies – Pre-packaged frozen vegetables keep this recipe easy and low maintenance. I recommend using a blend of broccoli, snow peas, carrots, green beans, baby corn, and zucchini, but feel free to use what’s available to you. Go ahead and use fresh vegetables if that’s what you have at home!
- Sweet onion – A white onion would also work.
- Stir fry sauce – This homemade stir fry sauce comes together in less than 5 minutes. Just add vegetable broth, soy sauce, agave, sesame oil, and a few spices together in a jar, shake it up, and pour it over your frozen stir fry mix.
How to make frozen vegetable stir fry
Find the complete instructions with measurements, temperatures, and cook times on the recipe card below.
Saute the onion in an oiled skillet. Once it’s soft and tender, add the frozen vegetables. Cook until they’re thawed and slightly crisp.
Quickly make the homemade stir fry sauce, then pour it over the cooked vegetables. Stir until the sauce thickens and coats all of the veggies.
Serve the finished stir fry over rice or noodles, then enjoy!
Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, making it a good meal prep dish!
Serving this easy vegetable stir fry over cooked rice, quinoa, noodles, or another grain is a must. While it’s perfectly filling on its own, you can serve your bowls of stir fry next to more Asian-inspired favorites, like fried rice, spring rolls, or vegan beef and broccoli.
- Instead of a frozen stir fry vegetable blend – Try making your own colorful veggie medley with fresh vegetables. Place cauliflower florets, edamame, squash, peas, and bell peppers in a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer until it’s time to make stir fry.
- Add protein – Like air fryer tofu, tempeh, soy curls, or seitan chicken.
- Gluten free? Simply swap the soy sauce in the stir fry sauce for tamari or coconut aminos.
- Instead of stir fry sauce – Make the stir fry with vegan peanut sauce, orange sauce, or teriyaki sauce.
- Toppings – Sesame seeds, chopped peanuts or cashews, green onions, and a dash of hot sauce on top will add flair to each bowl of stir fry.
Want more easy Asian-inspired recipes?
Frozen Vegetable Stir Fry
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 2 tablespoons agave or pure maple syrup, brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 pounds frozen mixed vegetables
- 4-6 cups cooked rice or quinoa, noodles
- sprinkle of sesame seeds, chopped cashews or peanuts
- chopped green onions
- hot sauce
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add the frozen vegetables (no need to thaw them first) and cook, stirring constantly for about 5-8 minutes or until they are crisp tender.
- Now pour the sauce into the pan and stir constantly while the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice, quinoa, noodles and with optional chopped nuts, green onions and hot sauce. Enjoy!
- Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only and does not include the rice/quinoa or noodles you serve it with.
- Vegetables for stir fry – Use any combination of vegetables you prefer, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, snow peas, green beans, shelled edamame, baby corn, bell peppers, zucchini or yellow squash.
- Add protein – Consider adding some protein, such as marinated tofu, vegan chicken or even chickpeas.
Made this for a vegan dinner party and added vegan plant based “chicken” strips. It was a huge hit! Easy to prepare while still chatting with guests and enjoying vegan Asian inspired appetizers. I added some diced Serrano peppers with the onions for some extra heat, and served with udon noodles. So delicious!!
I’m so glad your stir fry was a hit! Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends! I love it! Happy cooking!
Delicious, easy, and inexpensive! This was such a great dinner, and I love how it can be easily customized to suit individual preferences (e.g., next time I make it, I’ll cook some chicken on the side for the non-vegans in my family). Thanks for the recipe!
You are welcome! I’m so glad that you love the stir fry! It is very customizable, which is always a plus! Thank you for your great feedback, and happy cooking!
Just made this recipe this evening and it was delicious! The sauce was really tasty! I’ll definitely make this again. I tried it because I wanted a quick stir fry option when I don’t have time to clean and cut the veggies. I’m vegan and my husband added grilled chicken on top of his dish. Two thumbs up from him!
Hi Jennifer. Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback and review! I’m so glad you guys loved the stir fry! Wishing you lots of happy cooking!