These Vegan Fish Tacos are incredible! Made with crispy beer battered vegan fried fish, creamy and tangy sauce, and colorful, crisp toppings, they’re the ultimate vegan tacos you can serve on Taco Tuesday.
These fresh, crispy, and tart Vegan Fish Tacos have irresistible flavors! Each element is made from scratch so you have an authentic tasting feast for Taco Tuesday. Have fun with it and mix and match your taco toppings!
Vegan fish tacos have three layers to them:
- Homemade vegan fried fish fillets
- Toppings, like avocado, onions, and cabbage
- An easy vegan fish taco sauce
Made from hearts of palm, Old Bay seasoning, and nori sheets, my Beer Battered Vegan Fried Fish is wonderfully tender and tastes just like the real thing. Making your own homemade vegan fish is SO worth the little bit of extra effort.
There are so many toppings that pair well with the fresh flavors in these breaded “fish” tacos as well. From avocado to tomatoes to pickled red onions, the options are endless! Just don’t skip the vegan fish taco sauce as it’s a crucial part of any flavorful fish taco!
Fish taco sauce
Juicy, tender fish tacos are made even more delightful with a tangy sauce! It isn’t complicated, either. All you need is vegan mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, garlic powder, and hot sauce to make this complimentary sauce.
How to make vegan fish tacos
Start by making the Beer Battered Vegan Fried Fish. Prepare all of your taco toppings and set them aside. Make the vegan fish taco sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
I recommend slicing the “fish” pieces first if they aren’t already bite-sized. Assemble the tacos by layering the vegan fish, your toppings of choice, and a drizzle of sauce in warm corn tortillas. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over top and enjoy!
Crispy fish tacos pair well with vibrant and tangy toppings but you can use just about anything you love! Here are some ideas you can use for inspiration:
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Pico de gallo
- Diced tomatoes
- White or red onion
- Diced avocado
- Pickled red onions
- Black beans
- Crumbled vegan cheese (Violife’s Feta reminds me of Cotija cheese!)
- Shredded vegan mozzarella
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan tartar sauce
These vegetarian fish tacos are necessary on Taco Tuesday! Make it a party and put out bowls of vegan taco toppings, tortillas, and vegan proteins like beer battered “fish”, walnut, tofu, or tempeh taco meat, or vegan carne asada so your family or guests can assemble their perfect vegan tacos.
Want more Mexican-inspired vegan recipes?
Vegan Fish Tacos
- 1 Recipe Beer Battered Vegan Fried Fish
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 white or red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 avocados, sliced or diced
- crumbled vegan cheese I used Violife Feta, reminds me of Cotija cheese!
- 1-2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
Fish Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- First, go make the fried vegan fish.
- Prepare all the taco toppings, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the fish are fried, warm the tortillas. You can quickly toast them on a dry skillet over medium/high heat, or wrap several in paper towels with a little water drizzled on them and microwave for 1 minute.
- Assemble: Place a few pieces of fish in each tortilla, followed by toppings of choice and finished with a generous drizzle of sauce. If the "fish" are rather large, slice them into a few smaller pieces.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the tacos and enjoy immediately.