Vegan Caesar Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Vegan Caesar Dressing that tastes like the real thing! Creamy and bursting with savory goodness, this dressing is ready in just 5 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Caesar salad dressing without the anchovies? Yes please!
This dressing is creamy, garlicky, briny, and really does taste a lot like the real thing. It also happens to be good for you, with no oil, eggs, anchovies or even vegan mayonnaise!
- Raw cashews
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional but good)
How to make it
First things first, you have to soak the cashews. I heat up water in my tea kettle, and pour it over the cashews. If you have a high powered blender, you only need them to soak for a few minutes, about 5. If you don’t have a high powered blender, let them soak overnight or at least a few hours to get the nuts really soft.
Next, drain the cashews, and add to a blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
Blend until very smooth!
Do I need a high powered blender?
This dressing works best with a high powered blender like a Vitamix, but is possible without one. You will need to soak the cashews a bit longer to get them soft enough to blend. The dressing will be much smoother and creamier if you have a Vitamix or something like it.
How long will it keep?
The dressing keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator, in a covered container, glass preferred. It also freezes well, as do most cashew based sauces and dressings.
Is there a nut-free version?
If you have a nut allergy, you can make this replacing the cashews and water with 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise. If you want an oil free and nut free option, use my Tofu Mayonnaise.
Are croutons vegan?
Most croutons you can buy at stores are NOT vegan friendly, unfortunately. They often have cheese or milk in them, so check the labels carefully. I found these croutons on Amazon that are actually vegan. Or you can make your own!
I also love making “chickpea croutons”, which are basically just flavored and roasted crunchy chickpeas. You can find how I do this on another vegan caesar salad I posted a few years ago.
More salad dressings you might enjoy
- Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- Best Homemade Vegan Ranch
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing (or dip)
- Lemon Maple Tahini Dressing
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Soak the raw cashew pieces in hot water for 5 minutes. I heat up water in my electric kettle and pour it over the cashews to soak. If you don't have a high powered blender, you should soak them longer, several hours or overnight in order to get them very soft.
- Drain the cashews and add to your blender. Add the remaining ingredients, including 3/4 cup fresh water, and blend until very smooth.
- Dressing will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, and can be frozen.
- If you can't have nuts, you can substitute 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise for the cashews and water. You will still need to blend in order to get the capers smooth. Or try my tofu mayonnaise if you want an oil free nut free recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here