76 Best Vegan Recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
76 BEST vegan recipes, easy and perfect for beginners! Simple dinners and sides to get you started, including burgers, pizza, pasta, potatoes, enchiladas and more! Kid and meat eater approved.
Are you new to a vegan diet, or just trying to include more plant based meals in your routine? I’ve rounded up 76 of the best vegan dinner recipes (along with a few side dishes).
Cutting out animal products may seem restrictive at first, but soon you will discover the abundance of vegan cooking, and you will never be bored of food again! These vegan recipes are:
- Incredibly tasty & full of flavor
- Kid & meat eater approved
- Familiar – The food you love made vegan, like burgers, pasta, mashed potatoes, BBQ, nachos, enchiladas, tacos, pot pie and more!
- Simple and uncomplicated – Because why make things harder than they need to be?
- Budget friendly with accessible ingredients – Shop at nearly any grocery store! See this post for more tips: How to Eat Plant-Based on a Budget.
I’ve included a brand new recipe for EASY Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas, so make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post (or use the Jump To Recipe button at the top of the page). They are cheesy, spicy and mouthwatering!
I’ve broken up the recipes into seven categories: Pasta, Take-Out Favorites, Soup/Stew/Chili, Comfort Food, Sandwiches/Burgers, Mexican-Inspired and Sides. The recipes are linked in the text below each photo collage.
Who doesn’t love noodles? Indulge in a plate of pasta, no dairy, meat or eggs needed! Gluten free options for nearly every recipe. My personal favorite are the stuffed shells.
Skip the take-out and cook at home instead with any of these mouthwatering dishes! Save money and have dinner on the table in no time at all.
There is something so comforting about a bowl of warm soup or chili in the winter, but I like to enjoy it year round. Great for meal prep – make some on Sunday and have leftovers for several days!
Comfort food favorites
Satisfying, stick-to-your-ribs favorites made vegan! This kind of comfort food is better for you, plus no animals were harmed in the making. I make the Biscuit Topped Pot Pie almost weekly!
Burgers & sandwiches
Perfect for lunch or dinner, you will love these burgers and sandwiches! You must try my Best Veggie Burger, they are always a hit with everyone plus they can be grilled.
Vegan Mexican-inspired recipes
It’s no secret that I love Mexican-inspired food, and while my recipes may not be authentic, they are irresistible and simple to make! You might want to whip up a batch of Vegan Queso or Nacho Cheese to go with any of the following recipes.
- Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Best Vegan Enchiladas
- Best Vegan Taco Meat
Jackfruit Buffalo Quesadillas – RECIPE BELOW!
- Mexican Rice and Beans
Sides & bread
Sometimes a side dish is necessary to complete a meal, and I have many to choose from. These are some of the best vegan side dishes on my site, but you can find even more here. The scalloped potatoes are a total crowd pleaser!
76 Best Vegan Recipes + Buffalo Jackfruit Quesadillas
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1-2 lemons squeezed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce, less if desired
- 14 ounce can jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- optional: 15-ounce can white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Soak the cashews: Heat up about 3 cups of water in a tea kettle or small pot. Pour the boiling hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain them when ready to blend.
- In a high powered blender such as a Vitamix, add the soaked, drained cashews, 1 cup of fresh water, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and buffalo sauce. Blend until very smooth, scraping the sides of the blender if needed.
- Now add the drained jackfruit to the blender. Pulse a couple of times, but do not blend. You want to leave quite a bit of chunky texture! Fold in the beans if using.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add about 1- 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to a large tortilla, spread it out, then put the other tortilla on top. Spray some oil in the pan, and fry for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. You can also spread a bit vegan butter on each side of the tortilla, then fry. Enjoy immediately.
- Leftovers will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a toaster oven, air fryer or regular oven to make them crispy again.
- If you are sensitive to heat, add less buffalo sauce, perhaps only starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Read my full disclosure here